Pages

Monday, February 18, 2008

Plan B?

So far the year of the rat has seemed a bit ratty to me. Saturday I received my official rejection letter from BSU of my non-acceptance into their Masters of Art program. I knew with my brain that I didn't have a chance when I sent the application off, but the heart always has hope. They said they only had 5 openings this year and I'm sure my work wasn't strong enough (and not in the right categories) to compete.

On to plan B. Well, there is no plan B. I haven't figured that out yet. I know there is the famous saying that when one door closes, another one opens. My question is, how long does it take to find that door?

In light of recent events, I'm pretty discouraged right now. But I have other things to focus on first. One, getting healthy. Two, getting things ready for the yearbook meeting this Thursday. Three, getting the house ready for family visiting this Saturday. Four, getting ready for my trip to New Orleans next week which I'm really not sure I'll be up for, but it is very important to me.
Boy, I better go rest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your art better when it doesn't involve sickness and disease. I'm glad you are doing better! Hopefully you will be able to enjoy your upcoming trip!
Mary

Lyric said...

Rest, meditate. you'll have a much better time thinking towards a positive future when you are well.

My best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear Lisa. What a year you've had and it's only February! There's only one way to go from here. They say what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger and I'd say you're probably pretty dang buff by now!
You have a great eye and you have the fortitude, passion and energy (once you get well) to accomplish whatever is important to you. School is only one way to go. I'm actually excited to see where fabric art takes you without the structure of a masters program.
The fabric postcard I won from you hangs in a prominent place in my studio and I think of you often.
Take care, be strong, do your art and continue being an awesome mama. It can't get better than that!

Terry Grant said...

Rejection stinks and it hurts, but it's not the end. (We'd all be pretty washed up if it was!) Sometimes another door opens, sometimes a window. The thing is to be open to the opportunity that is surely on its way. Take care of yourself first. You've had a crummy time lately, which only means that better times are ahead of you.

You are an impressive young woman. Someone will notice. Something good will happen when you least expect it. Take care.

Love, Terry