Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dyeing of heat

Yesterday was another warm day at 91 degrees. I decided it was a good day to dye some more fabric (instead of going to work - I went today). I dyed a bunch several weeks ago for a workshop. But I have been using some of it already and thought I better do some more. This time I did the baggie method.



Here are some of the newer colors on top of the previous colors.


I like the yellows, oranges and pinks from this lot better than the ones from the last time because these are "muddied". The first time I used the straight dye color (except orange I had to mix red and yellow) and then did lighter and lighter variations of the same. I do not like the pure hot red and the resulting pinks that came from lightening it.

This time I mixed some green and/or yellow into the red and the pink came out more rose colored. For the yellows, I mixed with a bit of red and blue. The pumpkin and melon type oranges are better as I mixed several colors together for that, too.

No comments: