Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Busy Day

How is it that kids can wear you out so much? This morning I did another art lesson for Anna's fifth grade class. We did painting (warm and cool colors) which they love, but I don't. It is a lot of work to get stuff set up and then takes a long time for me to clean all the palettes and all the brushes and tables when they are done. But we have to do it some times.

After cleaning up, I came home to have lunch. Then it was back to school again for the first yearbook meeting. This year I said I would be the yearbook coordinator, instead of the art coordinator (since I am teaching all the art for Anna's class). But I really don't know what I'm doing as the previous coordinators' children have moved on to Junior High. I'm starting to gather information and was told I needed to meet with the 6th graders soon.

I met them today for an informational meeting. I told them as much information as I knew, which wasn't much. There were about 15 kids with only one boy. They will be a handful, I can tell already. But I at least have a starting point now. One girl kept asking about having color in the yearbook. Ah, the innocence of children. Yes, color pictures would be great! Let's charge $50 for each book. I told them we have a budget but I will look into it. Maybe we can do one color page, but then which one would it be?

Open house for the school is tonight. I guess we'll be going so we can buy the student directory. It will be my fourth time down and back from the school today. Was I looking forward to school starting?

Now, for a little art content. This is a piece I finished last night. I was dyeing more fabric for my workshop next week, because I had already started using the first batch. These colors were just hanging out together. I thought they looked nice together and put them to work with a sketch I had made in my sketchbook. This is Abstract Chair study #4. Can you see the chairs?

No comments: