Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

The Significance of Wheels

Can you imagine our lives without wheels?  Bike wheels, car wheels, train wheels, wheels on our luggage, wheel barrows, mechanical wheels inside of things.  Wheels just make things so much easier to move around!

I have wheels on my sewing machine cabinet and on my cutting table.  It makes it so much easier for me to wheel them out of the studio when that needs to become the guest bedroom, which it has been for about the last month now and will be for another couple of weeks.

The sewing machine cabinet and cutting table are currently in our downstairs living room.  I'm fortunate to have a large enough area there to be able to do this.  It's not ideal but I can still work (although I haven't done much of that lately).

In my studio, I can set a piece of foam core on my sewing cabinet and another little cabinet to create a "bridge" to support larger pieces when I am working on them.  In the living room area, I didn't really have that.  Until now!  I figured out that our new windows we installed this winter have a small ledge the perfect height for my foam core.


Voila! A new "bridge" to support my work.  Now, if I could just get to work!

1 comment:

Quilt-around said...

Must be fun to work there with this "lookout".
Hope you have enough time for enjoying.