Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

First Thursday

Today is First Thursday.  It's a busy one for the Boise Open Studio Collective Organization (BOSCO). Tonight is the opening of their exhibition, Opening Doors: A Glimpse into the Artist's Mind, at the Creative Access Arts Center at 8th St. and Myrtle.  The reception will be from 5-8 p.m.  Here is a sneak preview.


Artwork by Lisa Cheney and Marianne Konvalinka

In addition, BOSCO is also having a reception at the Artist-in-Residence space in Bodo at 404 S. 8th St, Ste182, which is basically across the street from the Creative Access Arts Center.  I am one of three artists that will be in the space for February.  Lisa Cheney and Bonnie Peacher will be sharing it with me.

I have one artwork in the Opening Doors exhibition and will have a couple of pieces at the Artist-in-Residence space even though I don't officially "move in" until this weekend.  I will be splitting my time between the two events this evening.  I hope to see some of you Boiseans there.

One more event that is not related to BOSCO is the Valentine for AIDS auction which opens today at the Boise Flying M Coffeehouse.  Silent auction bidding ends at 4 p.m. on Feb. 16th.

Here is the piece I donated.  It is a monotype print.

X's & O's
monotype print
image size: 10" x 8"
Available for bids at Valentine for AIDS

No comments: