Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Red

Here are some pictures of the artworks at the Boise Contemporary Theater that are being auctioned off to help raise money for the theater.  You can bid on them throughout the production of Red, a play about Mark Rothko and his assistant.  Closing day is Nov. 2.

When I was invited to participate, I decided to create a new artwork specifically for this event.  I knew the play was Red, but I didn't use the color red because I was thinking that was too obvious. Four out of the seven artworks have some use of red in them.  The other three do not.

Artworks from left to right:  Lauren Kistner - Red Dawn, Anne Peterson Klahr - Color is, Christine Raymond - Dream Spring.


Artworks from left to right: Lisa Flowers Ross - A Nod to M.R., Mike Landa - Act of Will, part 1.


Mike Chambers - Talk to Me, Mark Rothko
Not pictured: Troy Passey - issa

No comments: