Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Get Together

This weekend I got together with three of my creative friends.  We try to get together every so often to share what we have been working on.  Even though we may see pictures online, it's always better to see it in person.

Linda shared her weekly stitching project with us.  I really like the texture she gets with the all over hand stitching.  She uses simple stitches but is amazing in how many different patterns she can create with them.


You can see better photos of more of these on her blog.

I sometimes use hand stitching in my artworks, but not to that extent.  I only have this one piece that is mostly covered in hand stitching.  I am sending it to The Arts Center ArtShop in Corvallis where some of my small works will now be available.

Three Trees
hand dyed fabrics, fused appliqué, hand stitching
12-3/4" x 8-1/2"
©2012 Lisa Flowers Ross


Kathleen had some of her postcards out that we could cut up and rearrange into different compositions. A fun idea.  Here is a new arrangement I created.



Kathleen has a solo exhibition coming up in Jan. 2014 at BSU in the same space I had my solo exhibition.

Our friend, Barbara, showed us a picture of some costume pieces she created for the play she is also directing!

Afterward, we went out to lunch at a Thai restaurant.  What a great way to spend the day.


No comments: