Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

a'Tavola

Yesterday, I enjoyed lunch with my friend, Mary, at the a'Tavola restaurant.  I've known about the place, but have never been.  It is downtown on Grove Street between 15th and 16th St.

I love the super large bike rack.
It's a café, bakery and gourmet marketplace.  So there were lots of interesting things to look at inside.

I liked the design of the wrappers of these chocolate bars - simple black and white line drawings. I'm sure I would have liked the chocolate, too, but did not purchase anything.

In one area, they have a wall of shelves that have what they call the "Culinary Library". You can look through the books.  (It's just where that person is standing.)


Since I wasn't feeling 100%,  I ordered the one soup they had for the day.  Normally, soup doesn't appeal that much to me in the summer, especially when it is already 90 degrees. But my throat was sore.  The soup was curried zucchini and it was delicious.  Mary also shared some of her chicken salad sandwich with me.  It was also very good with avocado and bacon on it.

We ate outside.  It was warm, but not too bad in the shade. It was a lovely lunch and I will definitely go back there to eat.

No comments: