Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Little Bird

I hope you all had happy holidays, and perhaps still are.  We had a nice quiet Christmas.  On Christmas Eve, we played another round of disc golf at Eagle Island State park; our first time there.  We enjoyed company of friends, worked on puzzles, had a fire and ate chocolate.  What more could you ask for (besides some snow)?

I got several lovely things for Christmas.  One is a drawing pad mouse for my laptop, which I hope will make photo editing easier and drawing on the computer more likely to happen in the future.  Another gift was this lovely drawing by my talented daughter, Anna.


She worked on this piece last year in her art class.  It had a large background of which she did not get completed.  When I finally saw her portfolio at the end of the year, I asked if she could finish just the small area around the bird so I could crop it and frame it.  I asked for this as my birthday present in June.  The bird stayed nested in the portfolio.

When Anna asked what I wanted for Christmas this year, I again mentioned the bird.  I was so happy when he flew into my hands on Christmas morning!  Now, I just need to get it signed and framed.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Your bird is beautiful.