Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Color Fields Interrupted

I have been quietly working behind the scenes here and have completed Color Field #6 (#4 still needs to be quilted).  But I had to interrupt the flow to create another piece for a juried show I'm planning on entering with the deadline very quickly approaching.

I finished the piece yesterday and will just give you a detail peek.  This piece is very different from the way I have been working.  I pretty much had to make up the steps of getting it together as I went along.  It has lots of texture and lots of stitching.


I will give you more information on this piece at a later date.  I'm hoping once I get the entry done that I will be able to pick up the flow of Color Fields again.  We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the texture in this piece, Lisa - BTW, was hoping to see you at the artist's reception at the Alliance showing last night - I did see your piece and it's larger than I had envisioned. Well done - keep up the good work!

Carol M.