Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Back from Break

This week is spring break for Boise schools.  We decided to take a little break and head out of town.  We drove to Oregon.  Even though it is our next door neighbor, it has been years since we have visited extensively. 

The thought of being in Oregon during spring break sounded like a good idea until I thought about what to pack.  Oh, springtime in Oregon will probably be a bit rainy! It was rainy, cloudy, snowy, windy, somewhat cold with some sleet.  Well, that's what Goretex is for.  It was beautiful.  I was in green heaven!

We drove to the John Day Fossil bed area and spent one night there.  I think Anna might have been around 4 years old the last time we were there.  Then we drove to the coast and stayed in Newport for two nights.  After that, it was to Portland for two nights.  Anna had never been to Portland. 

I will share photos from the trip over the next few days.  Of course I have a million.

No comments: