Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bid On!

Last night, Anna and I attended the artist preview party for the Valentines for Aids auction at Flying M. I had only been once before because it is pretty much wall-to-wall people, as you can see.

There were lots of pieces, as usual. Although this year I noticed there were quite a few more fabric/quilt/embroidery/textile pieces, including this stuffed deer head below. Very interesting.

We really didn't get a good look at all the pieces because it was so crowded. But we got an overview. I did bid on a piece, but I'll have to go back if I seriously want it. I will go back again just so I can take some time to see everything.


Anna finally managed to finish her piece on the last turn-in day. She likes the thrill of the last minute! Her two cats are on the bottom, second from the right in the picture below.


I thought this silhouette picture was pretty cool. Sorry, I don't have the name of the artist. But you can go check it out for yourself if you are in town. Bidding ends Feb. 13.

No comments: