Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2007

A Walk with No Purpose

Today is a beautiful autumn day; sunny with clear blue skies and a cool breeze, leaves showing off their new colors. Frank is off at a rocket launch and Anna and I are on our own again.

After going to the grocery store and having some lunch, I asked Anna to show me where she and her friend had found some giant pine cones in the field (we have a bazillion small ones in our own yard but not big ones). We walked through the field and she showed me where they found them and she pointed out her imagined "warriors" territory (based on the Warriors series of books about wild cat clans).

Then we wander along the paths in the fields and out to another street, no direction in mind, just going where we felt like it. Then Anna said, "This is fun. It's been a long time since I've taken a walk with no purpose."

Yes, I guess it has for me, too. What a wonderful way to spend the day.

No comments: