Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Autumn Leaves

Today I had intended to sandwich quite a few of the quilts I had from the workshop and ones I've been working on this week. What really happened was a beautiful autumn day with warm temperatures, a cool breeze, bright sunshine and falling leaves.

First, we went shopping for some shoes for Anna. Then I went to look at some fabrics at Craft Warehouse hoping to find a particular color/theme. Instead, Anna and I probably spent a half an hour picking out beads from their assortment that you can put in a container. Lunch at Baja Fresh and then to the quilt store to buy lots of threads to quilt the quilts I was suppose to be sandwiching.


Back home, I have managed to pin three quilts and then got distracted by Anna and leaves. Too beautiful to stay inside the whole day.


Here's Anna getting a pile ready over in the neighbor's yard (they get all the good leaves).

This is only the beginning. The pile ends up much bigger than this.


And who can resist a big pile of leaves?


Not Anna. . .

Not me . . .

. . . only the grumpy old 40 year old who was too busy working on his rockets!

No comments: