Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Back in Studio B

Last week, I drove out to Weiser to once again play in my friend, Linda's, studio, along with some other ladies (Barbara, Julie, Sue and Thea).

In the morning we played around with discharging fabric using watered down bleach.

Here's Linda with the bleach buckets (which you want to do outside or with a mask because of the fumes).

There's Thea hanging fabric on the line with some of the other discharged pieces of fabric.

Here's a close-up of one of Barbara's pieces that turned out really well.

After a yummy pot luck lunch, we worked on discharging using a screen with discharge paste and bleach pens.

Above is an example Linda did on some hand dyed fabric.  The leaf on the left was drawn with a bleach pen and left more of a yellow line.  The leaf on the right was discharge paste used with a screen which left the lines more tan/white.


Linda, Julie, Barbara, Thea and Julie in Studio B.

It was a fun experimental day in the studio with old friends and new friends.  I don't have pictures yet of the few fabrics I did. In fact, I already cut some of them up before getting a picture because I was thinking of Linda's challenge to the gals from their last studio visit (I wasn't there) of making something with the fabric they had created.  That's what I'm working on.

No comments: