Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Summer

It's hard to believe that June is almost over and the daylight hours will now begin to wane as the summer solstice is now past.  I have been having a hard time transitioning into a summer routine. Or, more accurately, I should say it's been harder to get work done in this transition to summer.

Not much is getting done on the to-do list (a few things are) as we have been enjoying some long hikes in our surrounding foothills, . . .



I've been enjoying the abundance of flowers this year (and taking lots of pictures of them), . . .


have been processing the abundance of serviceberries from our tree (I can only hope the vegetable garden will do as well, but it's not looking like it yet), . . .


and reading books.  I am trying to remember to enjoy this time and not get too worried about that to-do list sitting on my desk.  But I really should be getting into the studio more . . . after I finish my book. :)

Has your summer been zooming by?  Do you notice a change in your behaviors with the changing of the seasons?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy this time with Anna and family activities together. These years are precious and all too fleeting.