Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Kitchen Corner Series

The Kitchen Corner print series started with the two prints I did for the Leftovers exchange.  I liked how the first two came out so I kept on going.  The third print in the series is called Mix it Up.  I also did black and brown ink on these, but I didn't care for the brown ones as much on this print.

























Mix it Up
linocut
Image size 2-1/2" x 4"
Paper size 4-1/2" x 6"
©Lisa Flowers Ross
 $20

I think this one is o.k., but it is my least favorite of the group.  I think I cleared out too much of the linocut material.  I like the measuring cup and the eggs.  But the Kitchen Aid mixer stand seems not as timeless as the items in the other two prints.  The background wall has a regular pattern and is not as organic as the leaves out the windows of the first two prints.

On its own, the print is fine and I like it.  In the series, so far, it doesn't seem to fit in as well.  What do you think?  I have one more to share with you in another post.

No comments: