Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Three Trees

I have finished my first artwork of the year.  O.k. I actually started it last year, but now it is finished.  It has a lot of hand stitching.

Three Trees
hand dyed fabrics and threads, machine pieced, fused appliqué, hand stitching
©2012 Lisa Flowers Ross

I am planning to frame this, but I went ahead and zigzag stitched the edges to finish them, as you can see below.  You can also see my little sketch to which the final piece ended up being very close.  Now, I need to decide if I want to "float" the piece in the frame so you can still see the edges or have the mat on top covering the edge (so it would look more like the first picture).  What do you think?


4 comments:

Gina said...

Fabulous piece! I'd vote for having the mat cover the edges so there is no distraction from your gorgeous hand stitching which really makes the quilt pop!

Anonymous said...

I like seeing the edges so I'd vote for having it float.

flowersgal

Kathleen said...

I like the branches you chose to add.

I vote to float!

Dianne M. said...

Give them both a trial run. The perfect choice will just "fit." The mat color(s) will have everything to do with the final decision and what gets accentuated with a mat. Even if you float it, there will be a background of some sort that will show under the piece. Decisions! Keep us posted!