Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Big Sigh

It has been a little like "Silent Night" on this blog lately.  But behind the scenes has been like Christmas Eve for the elves at the North Pole!  I have been working like crazy on my commission piece.  Some might ask why wait until so late to start.  I did not procrastinate.  I had so many other commitments, events, visitors, etc. that I just really couldn't start it until last week.  I was confident it would be done because I knew I would do whatever it took to get it completed on time.  I did and it took a lot!

Last week I was only able to spend about 24 hours working on the piece because I had to work at the gallery a half a day, do a demo at the gallery one night, get at least the 2nd floor cleaned up and decorated before my book club meeting on Saturday, wrap and mail gifts, go to a meeting, take Anna to get a haircut and other daily things.

This week on Mon., Tues., and Wed. I spent 11-12 hours each day working on it and about 6 hours yesterday.  At one point, I was on the verge of a break down.  I missed yoga, Nia and racquetball at the beginning of the week and have been living on diet Coke and chocolate (until the chocolate ran out).  It always amazes me that the things you need most in times of stress are the first things you give up.  Yesterday, I felt I was far enough along to go to my Nia class and play racquetball and I really, really needed it.

Frank and Anna have had to put up with me this week and I am grateful to them.  Frank told me the things I needed to hear when I needed it and knew when to leave me to myself.  Anna tried to cheer me up when I was stuck on a problem and unhappy.  They both had to endure mac and cheese and pizza dinners or make their own.  Hopefully, I can make it up to them by making fudge.

I drop the piece off tonight and I really hope they like it.  If not, then I will just bring it back and that might be a little hard.  But as Frank said, "This is a learning experience."  Oh yes, it has been and I will share my thoughts with you about that a little later.  I think I need a little distance from it as this as been a very tough roller coaster week for me.  I'm ready for a little "Peace on Earth" or just a little peace in my mind.

No comments: