Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

River Ride

Since we had gone to the quilt show in the morning, we had some time in the afternoon. It was a beautiful day so my dad and I decided to go for a bike ride along the river path. It was not the most scenic ride as the Mississippi river is a working river and there are industrial buildings along the way. But it was nice. We didn't have to worry about cars and the path was right along the river.

In this first photo, if you look very closely on the horizon, you can see the skyline of St. Louis and the arch.

This next photo is the view of the path looking back to the bridge that crosses over into Alton on the Illinois side.
We went over a wooden bridge and saw this interesting pattern of dried mud below.

Below is a picture of my dad on one of their bikes which has a chair-like seat and smaller wheels.


Check out my ancient ride. I have no idea how old this bike is. It was a little rusty, the seat swiveled, even after being tightened, there was a clankety-clank as you rode along, no gears and the old fashioned pedal backwards to brake. However, it did it's job and got me there and back.

No comments: