Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Buttons on Halloween?

Happy Halloween! I will have to show you images of our pumpkins tomorrow as I haven't actually carved mine yet. Frank is the only one who has his done. Since I have that pesky flu thing (I think it's that one), I haven't been doing much but knitting. I did sort out the buttons I brought home from my mom's house last night.

I have a retraction to make. My mom informs me that my grandmother never worked in a button factory. Not surprising that my memory messed up. There was a button factory, in town, down the street from my grandmother's house, but she did not work there.

I don't know how she ended up with so many buttons. Maybe it was just the culture back then that they saved everything. Something we could learn from today. Anyway, I am the lucky recipient of all that saving. I added the newest stash to some I already had. Some time ago, I was also the lucky recipient of some buttons from my mother-in-law which had been in her mother's craft supplies. Now they are all together.

I love looking through them all and love having them when I need one or more for a project. I'm sure I have more than I could ever use. I had them sorted in little drawers but decided it would be nice to be able to see them and put them in jars.

Maybe I should have made a scary face with them. Maybe next Halloween.

No comments: