Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Circle Stamps

Here is an idea I think I read somewhere on the internet and decided to give it a try. You can make easy circle stamps with craft foam that looks like marshmallows. I bought a package thinking Anna would like to do it, too.

Here are some of the stamps below. Some things you can do are carve them (image will be positive), draw on them with a pencil (image will be negative), glue stuff on top (I used a craft foam sticker for the flower or try to impress something in it (I used a spiral paper clip that worked pretty well.) You can also do both ends of the marshmallow to have two designs.



Anna couldn't figure out what to do on the circle format and abandoned the project, but I had lots of fun playing with designs and used up my 12 marshmallows very quickly. They work fine with regular ink, but the design lines are so fine when using the pencil that I'm not sure they would work with paint on fabric. I'll have to try sometime. I guess if you had a bunch of real marshmallows that were stale you could try using those.

2 comments:

Terry Grant said...

Neat idea! I must try this.

Anonymous said...

I like the look you got with them. You are always trying something new and interesting.
Mom