Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Time Well Spent

I must apologize for not writing for a few days. This week Anna is on a week-long school field trip, which means I have been trying to make the most with my free time. She left Monday morning and will return Friday afternoon. They are only about 2-1/2 hours away in McCall studying at the McCall Outdoor Science School. Her teacher has been posting pictures on the internet. And although Anna does not appear to be in her "group", it is fun to see how things are going there.

This is the first time Anna has been away from both Frank and me for more than one night. She was very excited to go, but on Sunday, she also admitted she was nervous. She was going to miss Big Cat, her favorite animal that has traveled with us everywhere (and our website namesake). It was the first time he has not gone with her overnight. We thought it would safer for him given how many sixth graders would be there. I told her not to worry, Big Cat would be with us. She said, "Well, I'm going to miss you, too." I said, "Wow, you're going to miss us?" and she said, "Well, duh!" She was also going to miss her hamster, Clare.

While she has been gone, I have been trying to spend my time well. I have been working on the, aforementioned, online class and I have spent some time working on a series of Valentines collages. Here is one that I have completed. One will be donated to the local Flying M Valentine for Aids auction, in which I have been participating for about 10 years now.


The quote says, "Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave but not our hearts." Hmm, I guess that is pretty appropriate for this week while Anna is away. A little bit of our hearts are in McCall right now.

No comments: