Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Resolutions?

Well, I've had almost an entire week to think about resolutions/goals/intentions. Each of those seem a little bit different to me. Resolutions seem like guidelines for what you want in your life. Goals seem to me to be more specific with, maybe, a time-line as well. Intention feels like how you intend to act toward the previous two. I haven't looked this up in a dictionary. These are just my definitions.

I've been reading on blogs and in papers about resolutions, etc. Some people also like to choose a word to guide them through the year. This year I have decided that my "intention" is to Be Open. That's two words to guide me and it can mean many things.
Be open. . .
to new ideas,
to new opportunities
to creativity
to transition
to change (is that the same as transition?)
to mistakes
to others
to yourself
to accept peace and simplicity in life
and so on and so on.

I also have "resolutions" which include working more on my art. I definitely have goals. They are usually a to-do list and concentrate on the smaller or more specific things. But I don't think I need to list them all here.

No comments: