Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Focus

I have been having a very hard time doing this this weekend. My body stands paralyzed while my thoughts and ideas swirl in a chaotic orbit about me. I need to grab those thoughts and put them in their place, in an orderly fashion, where I can address each of them in their own time.

I didn't get much accomplished this weekend. But I haven't been doing nothing. Yesterday was free fishing day in Idaho (you can fish without a license). None of us are fisherpersons. Frank has a rod he sometimes takes with him on backpacking trips. We have tried it when we go to Long Island.

Anna has been really wanting to go fishing. (I have no idea where her enthusiasm for it came from. When she actually catches something then I have a feeling she won't be so enthusiastic anymore.) So we rode our bikes down to the Park Center pond where they had a tent set up with bait, hot dogs and chips (for the humans) and other info. They had casting contests for the kids.

While Frank and Anna tried to catch some fish, I continued to ride my bike around. There were several neighborhood garage sales and I went by quite a few. But I did not see anything that appealed to me. I think I was just not in the mood for garage sale-ing. I rode up to Barber Park, across the river and back to Frank and Anna. It was about 10 miles. They had not caught anything.

Since it was lunch time, we opted out of hot dogs and rode over to the bagel shop downtown instead. We spent a bit of time in the book store next door and then rode home. Eighteen miles and I was tired. I read a long time to Anna and then some on my own.

Today I have managed to go to the grocery store. Anna and I went to Michaels to pick up some things they had on sale. I cut the picture moulding I am planning on putting in the sewing room but did not get it painted. But haven't focused on much else.

No comments: