Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Wonderful Weather



We finally had really nice weather for this weekend. It was around 70 on Saturday and around 75 today (with some wind). Saturday I went to a yoga workshop and spent some time doing yard work. I only made a dent in the overwhelming amount there is to do. Last night Frank and I watched the movie, La Vie En Rose. I highly recommend it. It was very good.

Today was the last day of skiing at Bogus Basin. Frank went skiing while Anna and I went to the grocery store. We also made some Marbled Chocolate-Banana bread.


Anna got a new push scooter for her birthday as she was getting too big for her other one (and she preferred mine). I got one for Frank, too. So now we can all scooter together. Anna spent time this weekend breaking in the new scooter and having a friend over to play today (making water balloons was the main activity).

After Frank came back from skiing, I went on a bike ride. It seemed everyone had the spring spirit. There were so many people out doing things today. Quarry view park was busy as I rode through. Lots of people were out enjoying the greenbelt. Some crazy people were trying to swim in the river, which feels freezing even in 90 degree weather. Several girls were out in bikinis in Julia Davis park. Everybody has been waiting for this.

I only rode 6.8 miles as I am very much out of shape. The last mile is up the big hill and I'm happy to say I made it up, even against the wind. It's the first time since I've been sick. However, Frank tells me Tuesday is suppose to be in the 40's and we might even get some snow at night. I guess I won't take off the flannel sheets yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a beautiful sight to wake up to.

Arlene,
Gig Harbor florist

Anonymous said...

Is Anna taller than Frank now?????
Aunt Mary needs to know!