Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

Hundertwasser

I just finished reading a book on Freidrich Hundertwasser (he changed his name quite a bit and goes by several names). Hundertwasser in german means hundred water. He gave himself this name. His birth name was Stowasser. I had heard of the name but never knew much about him. He was born in 1928 and lived in Vienna (and many other places throughout his life) and died in 2000. I really like his works. He sounded like a very interesting guy. He really cared about the environment and not much about money. These are some images I found on the internet.






Later in his career he was well known enough to be able to design some buildings. The one above is the KunsthausWien in Vienna.  He didn't believe in the straight line, so you don't see many on his buildings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im doing a project on hunderwasser, do you know what the title of the second picture you put on your blog is?

Lisa Flowers Ross said...

I'm sorry I don't know the title to the piece. When I posted this I had done a Google Image search to find the picture. I can't seem to find it now.