Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Rockhounding

Despite Anna declaring this past week as the worst Springbreak ever, due to tendinitis in her leg and not feeling well at the beginning of the week, we did manage to do some rock hounding outside of Emmett on Thursday.

Unfortunately, the first place we went required walking up a very steep hill which aggravated Anna's leg and we didn't find anything.  We did better at the second location of Squaw Butte where it is more flat (at the top, not in this first picture).  We found a few interesting rocks, but nothing spectacular.  It was a beautiful day to be outside, though.

Anna and Frank on the search.


 I found this tiny little bird nest.  Anna thinks it is a hummingbird nest.

I really like the colors in this rock.

At one place, we all went our separate ways to explore.  Frank climbed up another steep hill.  Anna stayed near the bottom to explore as to not aggravate her leg any further and I went sideways.  I found this rock with bubble agate that was a good size but was deep in the ground.  Frank had the rock hammer so I settled on taking a picture.




























A couple of the views from Squaw Butte.



In my next post, I'll show you the find I was most excited about.


No comments: