Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

Treasure Valley Artists' Alliance's Menagerie

The Treasure Valley Artists' Alliance's latest exhibition is Menagerie.

Menagerie: a collection of wild animals kept in captivity for exhibition.
A strange or diverse collection of people or things.

This exhibition was juried by local artists and BSU professors Richard Young and Cheryl Shurtleff. With only around 17 artworks chosen, this is an intimate exhibition.  Artworks can be seen at the Boise State Public Radio offices at 220 E. Park Center during business hours and is up until April 24th.

Here's a sneak peek.



Unfurled by Barbara Louise Bowling

I did not submit any artwork for the exhibition because I did not have anything to go with the specific theme.  Usually, I don't like to make artwork for a specific theme. Even if I had, I don't think this theme lends itself very well to my style. But I did install the exhibition, so go check it out.

No comments: