Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Now Read More of This

Today I'm going to show you some more artworks from the Now Read This exhibition at the Arts & Humanities Gallery (at 220 E. Park Center).  In the last post, I showed mostly works with fiber.

These works have other materials.  I have never seen work made with this medium before.  Can you tell what it is?

Underview by MK Guth

This is made with linen, thread, wax and bees!  (O.k. there is a little bit of fiber in there.)



























Underview detail

Another unusual material used in one of the artworks is eye glasses.  I'm sorry I don't have the artist name or title for this artwork right now.  I think I heard that the artist is from New York and uses found objects.  

These glasses are set in a "wall" and were displayed in front of the window looking out onto the greenbelt.  As you look through the glasses, you gain a different perspective of the view outside; the world through somebody else's eyes perhaps.





























There are lots of interesting pieces in the exhibition.  But I am going to show you just one more.

Inversion by Lead Pencil Studio

This artwork is made with wire and is suspended from the ceiling in front of a window.  I like how the branches on the bush just outside the window blend into the piece (not sure if that was intentional or not on the curator's part).

It is three dimensional and very interesting.  You need to see it and the other artworks in person if you can.  The exhibition is up until October.  The gallery is open Mon. - Fri., noon -4 p.m. during the BSU school year.  It may or may not be sporadically open during the summer.  (I didn't get a clear answer to that when I asked and maybe they just don't know yet).





No comments: