Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Winter Windows Complete

My Winter Windows are now finished, again.  I went back yesterday and re-did the one that got cleaned.  Fortunately, it was one of the smaller ones.

Here are some pictures.  It's kind of hard to see the design for all the reflections.  I started on the side windows which are smaller.  This is the first one and I realized at some point on this one that there were too many snowflakes and it was better to spread them out a little more.  So this is the busiest one.
I think even less would have been a bit better but it was too late at that point.



Here is a little closer view.



I got lots of nice comments when I was working on the windows.  People actually seem to notice the designs if you are there working on them.

The other comment I seem to get every year is, "So that's how you do it.  I've always wondered." Well, I say, "This is how I do it."  I don't know how the "professionals" do it.  I make it up as I go along.  This year I used stamps.

The time I painted fortune cats, I had a drawing on paper that I stuck to the inside of the window to outline the shape from the outside.  That way they would all be the same size.  

Sometimes I use blue painter's tape and roll paint inside the lines.  I free-hand painted trees last year.  Filling in and details are usually done free-hand.  I'm always looking for a way to do it faster because it can get pretty cold painting outside all day.  (Also, the faster you do it the more money you make per hour since everyone gets paid the same per business no matter how many windows they have or how long it takes you.)


1 comment:

Kathleen Probst said...

They are really beautiful. I'm hearing Christmas carols in my head. :)