Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weekend

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.  We had one nice day on Saturday that was near 70, mostly cloudy but no rain.  The other days were cooler and rainy.  I rode my bike four days in a row. 

You might remember when I went for my bike ride on Wednesday last week and had to take a picture with my cell phone because I didn't have my camera.  I told myself, "You should always bring your camera no matter what." 

On Friday when I was getting ready for my bike ride, did I listen to myself?  No.  I thought I wanted to have a quick ride as I had lots of other things to do that day and didn't want to be stopping to take pictures. And it was still rainy and cloudy.  So, of course, I discover a "new to me" place (Oregon Trail Reserve in Columbia Village) with great views of the river and downtown.  I'll have to go back another day and take some pictures for you.  The rest of the weekend I listened to myself and brought my camera, but did not take any pictures.

It is still unseasonably cool and rainy here. . . which brings me to this.


What is it?  It's not a snake, nor a slipper for an elf.  It is a ear warmer that you put over the straps of your bike helmet to keep your ears warm.  I found the free pattern on the internet.  The "pocket" part goes over the straps and then the long part goes inside the helmet over your head and then on the other end will be another "pocket", which I still have to knit, to cover the other ear.  I am using up some wool I already had to make this one.  I hope to make one for Anna, too.

No comments: